Apr 13, 2010

Crazy Canadian Prices

Time for some more across the border price comparisons. Yup it was time to go across the line for mail/package pick up and groceries. I found a couple of items down there with some awesome prices that I thought I'd share them with you. And of course they come with a bit of frustration at our Canadian store prices.

First off is Velveta Cheese. I wouldn't think of buying it as it's way to espensive. My mom used to buy it for me when I was a teenager and I'm not sure I thanked her enough knowing what I know now. THANK YOU MOM!!! At my local store yesterday I saw it on the shelve for $11.99 as seen here:




Check out the price we paid for the
same size package of Velveta Cheese down south:



Then there is pop. Our friends bought, a 24 pack of pepsi for 5.99 USD.
On sale this week at our local grocery store is this same pop:

Yup $9.99

The dollar is nearly par, can you say our prices are a rip off? Why would we not shop across the line when it's only about 20 minutes from our home. I know all the reasons people will say but honestly it comes down to the all mighty dollar.

1 comments:

dreamingkristin said...

wow.. that's crazy.. is that just cuase everything is 'made' in the US?? and they thing shipping it to Canada is more expenive... crazy!!
I did notice here the other day at the grocery.. that coke products are now up to $5.50 for a 12 pack... when did that happen.. I think that might be almost enough incentive to stop buying them...