I can't believe it was a year ago today that I brought my little boy into this world. My last baby, never to be a baby again. It was a fairly easy labour as far as labours are concerned. Bearable contractions throughout the day with me walking to try to make them stronger and closer together. By 5 o'clock we were heading into the hospital to have our baby, and at 2:05 am, after a most wonderful epidural, he was born. I knew he was going to be a boy, no one actually told me so, but my mothers intuition did! Looking back I feel like it was an easy babyhood for him and us, I know we had our trials and tribulations but all in all it was pretty painless and definitely flew by!!! (Wow! Mommy memory sure fades fast!!)
Our little man is walking and nearly running now, getting into everything he can. If it's not locked, he'll open it. If it's not up high, he's playing with it. If it's small and important... he's hiding it!
He's got 8 teeth now, 4 on the top, 4 on the bottom. He's eating mostly solid foods, rejecting the standard baby food that was once so easy to get into him. So I must put my thinking cap back on and remember some of the things Daelyn used to like to eat at that age. He can eat pretty much everything we do but some things are challenging or just not appropriate yet.
He's sleeping about 11/12 hours at night, usually from 8:30 to 8:30 or so and napping 2.5 - 3 hours during the day in one long afternoon nap. It's great for some quiet time, but I do miss the pre supper nap in order to get that taken care of without a cling on attached to my leg! LOL
We aren't having a "party" so to say but rather a few small gatherings. We had one with my family at Thanksgiving, which was also my Nephews 4th birthday. We'll have another little gathering with the other side of the family when we get together for American Thanksgiving. This weekend we're having our own little gathering on Sunday, which will include dad, myself and the kids. Pretty small and definitely not fancy. Sorry boy, it's not that you're not loved..... you're the third child. LOL
My Big One Year Old!

















0 comments:
Post a Comment