Dec 21, 2006

The most amazing medicine ever!

I found out today the headaches I've been suffering/dealing with every month are in fact migraines. I always wondered but thought they can't be, I guess I was wrong. So anyway, I went to see a Dr. today here in town (and it only took me 5 minutes to get there!) and he said that's what they sounded like so he gave me a wafer type med to try right there. (It dissolves on the tongue) They are fast acting and said he'd leave me alone for 10 minutes or so and if that's what it was it should let up some. By the time he came back I was feeling the relief already. An hour and a half later it was gone! It's called Maxalt RPD, (rizatriptan benzoate). He gave me samples to get through this month and probably next month and I'm to see him again for a follow up. I'm sure these things are bloody expensive but hey if they work I don't care. Thank goodness for perscription coverage. :)

0 comments: