Feb 25, 2008

Sickies and more DeDe LO's

Yes we're still sick here.  Daelyn is better now and back to being her talkative playfull self, but Dad on the other hand is feeling the effects of this wide spread flu.  From what we can remember Scott hasn't felt like this since our Honeymoon!  I sure hope I can keep it away from Hayley and I!

Hayley broke her glasses on Friday skating with some friends. :(  I took them up town today to see if our local place can fix them and they can't.  So... since they are less than a year old we have to send them back to her mom to take to the place they bought them.  Poor thing is going to be blind (ok maybe that's being a touch dramatic) for what will likely be a couple weeks! Hopefully they can get them done pretty quickly and have them back to her as soon as possible.

Even though she was blind she was still up for a movie date with me on Sunday.  With Daelyn still feeling crappy and having not left the house in quite a few days I was starting to feel a little stir crazy.  I checked the listings and after finding quite a few that I'd like to see, I offered to take Hayley to a movie with me in the city.  I haven't been to a movie in a long time and quickly realized why.  $$$   With gas included it probably cost me $50 for the date.  She ain't no cheap date!  LOL ;)  It was quite nice to leave the sickness behind for a while and have some freedom.  We went and saw Juno and it was really cute.  Some parts were kinda iffy with a 12 year old but all in all we both enjoyed it and had lots of laughs.  It was nice to see what all the Oscar hype was all about too.  I was hoping to find somewhere to fix her glasses too but those places, even in Walmart aren't open on Sundays. :(  Anyway... we had  a great time!

My DeDe Smith Layouts:
I picked this kit from DeDe next because I thought it was so cute and I had our Halloween pics to scrap yet so I thought it would be perfect.



Her Bearz and other "torn" elements are so adorable I wanted to use them all but alas, sometimes less is more.






0 comments: