Ya ya, we live in Canada we should be used to it. But I never get used to the dissapointment of cancelled plans due to the winter weather. Blizzards, extreme low temps, slippery roads, blah blah blah it goes on and on. I've been trying to get to the city the last couple of days to get my Christmas picture developed so I can actaully get it sent out... but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. So if you don't get one by Christmas, you'll know why. :(
The Hailster was crossing her fingers Sunday night that school would be canceled Monday morning, and sure enough it was. Too cold. So instead of heading off to the city like planned we bundled up and went to the new rink with Daelyn to try out her new skates. She was happy and mad it seemed all at the same time. Having fun but not, wanted to stay but had had enough. LOL She did well and was able to stand for quite a bit of the time, with a couple of rest periods here and there. Hayley is doing well with her new hockey skates and was whiping all over the place. It's been probably 5 years since I've had mine on and I sure do miss it. I need to get them sharpened and we can go again next week. It's really nice they have alotted time for preschool skating only, and a couple of her friends go regularily too.
You know that "picture face" they always had when they were toddlers? It comes back at 13! LOLOLAfter a post skate meltdown, we came home had a snack, lunch, played some Wii, then made a couple of batches of cookies. The first was the ever popular Chocolate Chip cookies, only mint style this time. And the second batch were called Cranberry Noels. I saw them on a friends blog the other day and thought they looked really good. We had the ingredients so I thought, why not!?! They actually turned out okay, after I figured out wax paper does not do well in the oven!! Duh!
This is what they're supposed to look like:
and this is how they turned out:
Hmmmm..... well anyway.It's my first time making shortbread of any kind, but they turned out okay. :) If there is no school tomorrow Hayley wants to make the ones we can cut out and decorate, so we'll see.












1 comments:
Looks like yours turned out good, too! I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe :)
I had heard about ES. I had an email awhile back that mentioned new ownership.
Post a Comment