Jun 6, 2010

7 Months and it's Over!

I've been having an affair. No No, it's not how it sounds. My husband has known all about it since the very beginning. His ..er, her....er... it's name is... Medela. Okay okay so it's not a him or a her or even a real person. LOL But we definitely had a relationship, in the beginning we saw each other every three hours. It was a love hate kind of thing, I couldn't live without it, yet didn't much like the constant need for attention it had.

After a couple of weeks, I was able to break it of our gruelling schedule, and managed to keep the visits to every 6 hours. Eventually I was able to drop the middle of the night one which I dreaded in my sleep deprived state, and managed with things three times a day. This was our most comfortable routine for the longest time. Morning, mid afternoon and right before bed. Very nice.

In time though, a few things got in the way of that mid afternoon "coffee" we had going on, so it eventually became a bit of a pain too. Near the last month or so, I dropped that mid day one as well... we were nearing the end. Morning and night. After about 6.5 months I was growing tired of our relationship. It was a give and take kind of thing, but I must say it was wearing on me. So with much hesitation I decided to say goodbye to our morning time together. The first day, night time couldn't come fast enough. I was anxious for our visit, nearly in pain. But soon, it became comfortable as well and was comfortable again for the last few weeks.

Then life happened and I had to start things that I knew would jeopardize our relationship even more.... yup.... the Birth Control Pill. Sad, yet necessary, and Medela's results showed accordingly. So last night, was our last night. It was bitter sweet, and I have mixed feelings knowing we will never have this relationship again. A good thing, yet sad all at the same time. So I'm hoping I'll be okay tonight. I'll pack up my good friend for the last time and try to decide what to do with it now.



To my good friend Medela,

Thanks for the good times,
and the wonderful part you played in feeding my son!
We surpassed our goal, and for that I thank you!!


;)

2 comments:

Shari said...

Love it June! LOL!

June F. said...

Thanks :)