Mar 8, 2011

Update on the Boy's burns, Day 6

Well it's been almost a week now and we have some improvements. He's not on as much pain meeds and seems to be managing so that's good. The Dr. yesterday said we have to keep his wounds dressed for another two days (we got new dressings today) and then we can move on to regular (full coverage) bandaid kinds of things. I'm not sure how he'll take to those and we may end up using the wraps anyway so he'll leave them alone but we'll see. He is still unfazed by it all, except he's starting to get annoyed with the dressing adjustments/changes. For the most part we leave him alone but the one on his thigh is tricky. It's high up on the top so the dressings keep sliding down if we don't put tape on it to secure it. Well it's all good until he gets up from a nap or in the morning and he's wet the gauze and we have to change it.

Anyway, just thought I'd share a bit of an update and let you know how he's doing. Here's some pics of him from the weekend. OH ya, and we can't bath him so he's got a road map of tape leftovers all over him. The Dr. said we should be able to try baths after Wednesday.



For the faint at heart, I spared you by not posting this last picture. If anyone is interested in seeing what his thigh wound looked like as of Saturday (I think), here ya go! I need to get a new picture as it looked better yesterday at the Dr.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b308/Jae321/w-P3058257.jpg

0 comments: