May 29, 2007

Baby quilt made for online friend in Austrailia

I belong to a group of wonderful women who all happened to have baby's or their baby's were due February 2005. Alot of them were together during the pregnancy but since Daelyn was supposed to be a March baby I didn't find them until after her birth. Over the last 2 years on and off, some have fallen away and others have joined but we have really gotten to know each other. Some that live near each other have met, while the rest of us plan a get together in 2008. A few are pregnant again or have had subsequent children already and we have enjoyed watching them go through the pregnancy. With each new baby comes a baby gift from all of us. The most recent, I want to share with you was a quilt with a square made by each of us. We all sent our squares to one girl who offered to sew it together, and then sent to our mom to be in Austrailia. Here's a couple pics of it:







For interest sake, mine is the square on the bottom right hand side with the two pieces of ricrac and white bows. I stitched his name with embrodery thread, then wrote a baby boy poem and signed our names. :)

0 comments: