Jul 25, 2007

Having a bit of a down day...

Nothing major, just maybe bored and a little cabin fevered. We have been busy lately but usually only on the weekends, which is nice don't get me wrong. But the day to day stuff with the weather so hot has been stifling. We haven't been to the park or beach in a couple of days, which doesn't bother me, but the girls are getting bored. Hayley has been excited to go to the book club in town here but last Thursday (her first one) was cancelled. The neighbour kids that she's met have been away and so she has been hanging around the house. Hopefully book club will be on tomorrow and then swimming starts next week so that should help her meet some other kids. Daelyn... well she's hanging in there as well.

Part of my doldrums might be also that I realized that my Paramedic licence runs out this month. I am not regretting my decision to quit EMS but that was a big part of my life. It gave me confidence and a feeling of self worth that is somewhat lacking these days. I know my stay at home job is important but it's not the same. I struggle daily, wondering if I should find some kind of job or direction...

On an upnote I've been trying out my skills in an area I know I like. I tried to take a course on this while in A-Town but there wasn't enough enrolled in the class (held in Portage) and thus was cancelled. Old Photo restoration. I asked a friend of mine who scraps mostly vintage pages if she had some photos I could play around with. She sure gave me some doosies! Take a peak at what I did.

Thanks for the pics Cindy!








0 comments: