Thursday night I finally made my decision and quit the retridiva creative team. I've been thinking about it since February or so but because of the lack of activity on the team I stuck around. She's got some new kits out which are wonderful, but I just can't keep up. Either I don't have enough pictures or I just don't have the mojo right now and I'm feeling the crunch. So even though I get these moments of sadness I also feel some relief in my decision. Elemental Scraps is just so busy right now and we have a ton of great designers that a lot of my (scrapping) time needs to be spent there. Have you seen their Mega Kits lately? They are awesome!!! I should also have a new preview for the challenge kit up soon for the new round starting tomorrow, come check them out.
Our friends from Oakbank came to visit us this weekend, and we had a blast. They left this afternoon and things returned it normal, although it will take Daelyn days to stop talking about Kaitlyn and all the things they got to do together. OH ya and Uncle John and on and on and on... lol ;) We stayed up way to late and laughed way to much for one weekend, can't wait to do it again! (kebert xela)
On Saturday, we loaded up the girls and went to check out the Internation Peace Gardens. Scott was doing Red Serge duty there for their 75th anniversary. He was accepting and giving a flag to the American Border Patrol as a symbol of Peace between our two countries. It was nice to go as I've never been there before, but I must say the flowers were a bit of a let down. I thought it was supposed to be these lush green gardens and pretty flowers but there really weren't. I'm going to assume it was to early in the summer or maybe it's just been a bad few months. Seeing the Peace Towers was interesting and the display of the beams from the Twin Towers was very.... well... it took me back a bit. They were quite big and to imagine a building the size of one of those towers all crumbled on the ground was simply... unimaginable.
Here's some pics from the weekend:
Going for a car ride

The Peace Towers

The beams from the Twin Towers












0 comments:
Post a Comment