Mar 11, 2008

Three Year Check Up, Desktop, & Taxes!

Some times I wonder why the Dr's tell us we should do these, because you get there and they have this "why are you here"  look on their faces.  Regardless we went though the motions and Daelyn was given a clean bill of health.  She is 34 lbs - up 4 from last year, and 38.75 inches, up 2.75 from last year.  She is in the 75% for weight and 95% for height, which we are still trying to figure out! LOL  I mentioned to her about her toe walking habit in case I should be concerned.  I walked like that as a child, and still occasionally do if the floor is cold so I didn't think it was a big deal. The dr. said other than a high arch her feet look fine.  She said if I was concerned we could get her some shoes to wear inside (since she doesn't do it in soled shoes) to get her more used to walking on her heals but I don't know.  We'll see.  I'm not sure if we'll do Croks this year as they are too light and don't really help the issue.   The Dr. said she was talking very well for her age (surprise, surprise!) and was quite smart.  *insert proud mommy icon here*  LOL  Daelyn enjoyed her visit and didn't put up a fuss at all, letting the Dr. check out her ears, eyes, tummy, heart and lungs.  In fact she didn't want to go when things were all done. :)

Her and I have been going outside and playing in the water these last couple of nice days.  We have a drain off to the side of our property for the street so I thought I'd go make sure it was clear and the run off could drain properly.  We went out with our shovels, broke up some of the ice and made a path for the water to go.  She was thrilled, and I think so was our neighbor!

Taxes are done!  WooHoo   Since I was introduced to Quick Tax, I have come to love tax season.  LOL  Can you tell we usually get a refund.  I just love entering the info and watching that refund number rise.  This year is exceptionally high and we are thankful.  It is kind of mixed blessing though as if it wasn't for the unexpected major expence we had in the fall we wouldn't be getting so much back.  BUT  all that we're getting back is going to pay off that expense or at least some of it! Did that make any sense???   LOL

I finished my desktop layout for March yesterday.  I know, just a little late!  With this wonderful weather I was feeling quite "springish."



Credits: MCO - Wild sorbet, JHE - Journal Highlights, RPENN Express yourself

0 comments: