Happy Mothers Day to my Mom and Mother in Law today! We didn't get home for a visit but were thinking of you both lots. I was reminiscent today of the year we surprised you both by being home for pancake breakfast that morning when neither of you had any idea. Fun times! I got some great candy treats from Mattie (the dog) and a single serving size blender so I can make my fruity drinks. Scott took my blender to work for his protein shakes so I don't have that if you're wondering. LOL I wasn't really expecting anything as my Chicago trip will be present enough for Mothers day, my Birthday and Christmas this year! :) I hope all my Mom and Step-Mom friends had a great weekend today and got spoiled and pampered too!
We had a visitor this weekend in that we looked after my 19 month old nephew Friday night for my Brother and SIL. It was great fun and enjoyed the time to get to know him a little better. Daelyn loved having a play mate and he was just a little ham! His parents came back Saturday and stayed that night with us as well and it was great getting the visit in with them too.
Okay so I had a bit of an increase in scrapping mojo this week and got a couple LO's done. Yes 2 in one week! They are both CT LO's but the white one was done specially to show off the text paths that are going up for sale at ES shortly. A text path is something you use in photo editing programs that allow you to type text along or inside a specific shape. It is a wonderful tool that is new to me and I really should use it in my LO's more. The baseball one is an oldie but when I saw this kit called Minor League by Lucky Smith in our shoppe I knew I could use it. My only regret is not getting pictures of our last years team, "The Imports" which I managed, it was the funnest (I know that's not proper!) team to play on. :) Anyway, my printed out version will have the names of most of the people that we played will all three of the summers around the edges. I say "most" because I can't seem to remember some of the earlier ones... it's been a few years now!

Wow the white background really blended in. Other items from "Passion fruit" a previous ES challenge kit

Well the Survivor Fans vs. Favourites season finished tonight and I was not happy about the outcome. I was really pulling for Amanda from the start and don't think Parv deserved it in the end. I was surprised that the jury voted for her when most of them slammed her on the last show anyway! As always we're excited to see the preview for the next season in Gabon Africa "Earths Last Eden" and will look forward to watching again. AND it will be in High Def which will be great on our new HD TV... yup we took the plunge and got a 42" LCD High Definition... conveniently in time for Football season!












1 comments:
Love the richness of that layout.
I love Survivor too and I already posted in so many places about it....don't remember what all I said. Felt bad for Amanda....she made it to the same place twice only to loose, but she should give credit for good game play to do it twice.
Post a Comment