May 18, 2008

Some pics from our week

We've been busy this weekend with cleaning up the yard and the sunroom, thatching and mowing the lawn, cutting up the tree we chopped down a while ago into firewood and cleaning that all up and various other outside things. But I thought I'd take a break and share some pictures with you from the last week or so.

I posted this first one on Facebook but not here, this is our bird. S/he has nested and made herself a home although lately we haven't seen her around much lately.


This is our apple tree with some new leaves starting. It's the beautiful start of a new apple season. This time we know what we're in for and I'm ready with my new Pampered Chef Apple Pealer/Corer!

Every Sunday we have pancakes for brunch. We started it a few months ago and it's become a weekly thing we do. We buy bulk breakfast sausages and boil the crap out of them first then freeze them by the dozen. Here's Daelyn today waiting patiently for them to be ready.


Last weekend, my brother and sister in law asked if we could look after their little guy so we did last Friday night. It was a lot of fun and Daelyn enjoyed having someone to play with. We went for a walk, played at the park and just all around had fun. He was a great sleeper and even slept in for Aunti Saturday morning. :)

This week a friend of mine asked if we could watch her little girl for a few hours Wednesday morning. Her daughter is just a few months younger than Daelyn and I knew she would love having her friend over for a play date. They had a yogurt snack, played play doh, read some stories, then had a delicious lunch of macaroni and cheese. Yummy! I thought this nice quiet moment was too precious not to catch on camera. The only thing is I'm sad they are moving next month. :(

I realized I didn't post these back with the "Singing in the Rain" pictures. She got these flowers from Dad on opening night...
and these from Grandma and Grandpa F on the night they came to watch. What a STAR!
Have a great long weekend everyone!

0 comments: