Jun 2, 2008

Prom, New Bike & Miami Vice!

Here's our week in review with a few pictures.

We had thought it was time for Daelyn to try out a big girl bike with training wheels.  She has been riding her tricycle around the garage and lawn not to badly so we thought we'd try.  She was happy to see her bike and try it out, but it will be a summer of practice to get this down I think.  The whole pedaling thing is a bit of a challenge, especially when you push backwards and you come to a complete stop, unlike the tricycle where you go backwards.  LOL   Daelyn is pretty lucky though as Daddy used some of his long saved Canadian Tire money to buy it.  LOL :)  I say "some" as he even had some left over!

Scott left for a week on course last week, so on Sunday night I decided to make our special Jamaican drink for Hayley and I, the "Miami Vice",  sans liqueur.....  for her!  I'll have to tweak it a little next time I make it as it wasn't quiet right but it was dang good regardless.  Doesn't it look absolutely delicious?  Oh and there's my Mothers Day gift, the mini blender, in the shot too.  hehe

The countdown for "The Prom" was on since almost the first day of Grade 7 and here it was, Friday May 30th... Prom Day.   The funny thing to us was that it wasn't even her prom, it was for the Grade 8's, but it seemed to be a big deal.  Hayley's mom got her a new dress and shoes over spring break, and her friend (in the pic) had someone lined up to do their hair of the big day.  I guess I must be getting old as I'm not sure I understand the whole pants under the fancy dresses that they "had" to have, but alas they were happy.  Notice the boy that came to pick them up??????  Thankfully he wasn't there for Hayley!  ;)    







1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow...you have an awesome camera...nice to peek into your children's lives....I can feel their personalities through your photos and writing.